Are you in the middle of your studies? Do you wish to transform theory to practice? To improve your skills. To get real experience on your resumé? To become part of an inspiring network of women’s and human rights activists? Then you are the candidate we are looking for!
Karamah EU is looking for a communication assistant who wish to learn more about human right, women empowerment, gender equality, Islamic feminism, women’s human rights, non-profit association management.
As a communication assistant, you will help us to increase our visibility on social media and support us in the implementation of our strategic communication plan.
- Be pursuing or intend to pursue a Masters Degree in communications, journalism, literature, or a related field or influencer and/or leader in digital communication ;
- Have strong writing, proofreading and analytical skills;
- Be interested in learning, or already familiar with web editing (esp. WordPress and MailChimp);
- Be able to meet tight deadlines;
- Be able to think independently and take responsibility;
- Have the desire and courage to contribute your own ideas and personality;
- Be interested in Karamah’s aims and goals.
- You are already based in Brussels or in commuting distance from Brussels
- Fluent in English/Dutch or English/French
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Artistic skills are a plus (video editing, photography).
Intern Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the dedicated Karamah EU team, your tasks will be exciting, diverse, and challenging. Whether you have acquired your communication skills in the classroom or in the field, joining a feminist organisation will enable you to transfer them to a professional environment by working on real world issues.
You will explore different communication outlets, including the production of communication materials (brochures, banners, …), web editing, social media, newsletter production and campaign management. Depending on your skills and interests, you will also be able to work with graphics, photos, and video.
We offer a workplace where everyone’s suggestions and ideas are welcome – and where teamwork and team spirit are essential.
The practical stuff
The internship is part time. 20 hours per week.
You will work closely with our Coordinator and administrators, who also will be your supervisor.
Despite its financial limitations, Karamah EU is deeply convinced that every job deserves a salary and therefore wants to contribute to the remuneration of its trainees – more information on this will be communicated during the recruitment process.
Due to the uncertainty caused by COVID-19, this internship is only open for candidates already living in Brussels or in commuting distance from Brussels. Depending on the official measures that will be put in place by the Belgian government during the internship period, you will either work from home or from the office under certain conditions. Karamah EU is a caring organisation putting the health of staff first and following the recommendations of the Belgian authorities.
How to apply?
If this sounds interesting to you and you wish to get practical experience in a grassroots organisation, then send a motivation letter (maximum one page) and your CV (maximum two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write: “Communications Internship 2021” in the subject field.